01 January 2011

2011


A new number. New things. I am going to make an effort to be better at this.

Me and a few friends have started a book club. More reading generally leads to more writing.

The first book:
Lost Horizon by James Hilton.

I have had a lot to say about this book but I will only write this: I loved it.
And ask this: Did you?

And this from it:

People make mistakes in life through believing too much, but they have a damned dull time if they believe too little.
-James Hilton

and this:

Certum est, quia impossibile - It is certain because it is impossible
-Tertullian


post script: Happy New Year. When I awoke this morning I dreamt of eating gobs of Gruyere and a sticky bun in bed. I do not actually like eating in bed, but I did fish my wish otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment